FUJI WEBINAR 2022
Fuji is pleased to be hosting yet another webinar to discuss Insertion Automation.
In recent years, the introduction of robotics to automate and solve manual tasks has become more and more commonplace. The electronic panel assembly industry is no exception, with a rapidly increasing number of firms implementing new automation solutions in every step of the assembly process.
However, there remains one part of the process that has gone largely untouched by the shift toward automation - the component insertion processes. In general, processes like insertion are still performed manually, as in some cases firms find it unnecessary to automate anything that comes after the SMT mounting phase in assembly.
Some firms may have deemed insertion automation impossible due to the special conditions that insertion parts come with. For example, loose-supplied parts are common in this industry, with components being packaged in this way due to the assumption that they will be assembled by hand. Additionally, other parts like large connectors are difficult to supply in large volume, thus requiring frequent resupply and making manual insertion more appealing.
As a result, many companies give up on increasing the rate of automation and making their existing automation more efficient, or just abandon automation altogether. This situation illustrates the importance of parts supply units, both in configuration and capacity, in automating the insertion process.
In this webinar, Fuji will introduce solutions for automation of parts insertion on the Multipurpose Automated Fabrication Machine – sFAB-D, focusing on the automatic supply of loose-supplied parts and large connectors, which are often an obstacle to improving the automation rate and reducing workloads at the production line.
You may be interested in attending this seminar if you...
- Are an OEM whose products require parts to be inserted manually
- Are considering automating your insertion processes
- Have installed insertion machines in the past, but they didn't work out
- Are interested in automating insertion of loose-supplied parts or large connectors
Our webinar will cover three key topics and include a Question & Answer section:
Automating Loose-Part Supply with the sFAB
- We will discuss how Fuji’s Bin Picking Unit 2 (BPU 2) makes supplying loose parts and performing changeover look easy
High Capacity Supply Solutions for Large parts
- We will show how the Fuji Multi Tray Unit (MTU-XL) can reduce resupply frequency and allow for a non-stop supply of parts
Lead Cutting and Correction Units
- We will show how these units work to improve productivity and reduce labor needs
Question & Answer
- We will answer questions from the audience as much as possible during this section.
- Title: Insertion Automation: Part Supply Solutions
- Date: Thursday, December 8th
- Time: 1:00pm (CST)
- Where: Microsoft Teams
How to Register
To register for the webinar, please visit www.fujiamerica.com/event-live-stream.aspx
Please Note: You will be sent the Microsoft Teams registration link via email once your submission has been approved.
If you are unfamiliar with Fuji’s insertion automation offerings, we also offered an entire seminar on Fuji’s insertion machines this past June, titled “Road to automating insertion processes - Key points to success and Fuji solutions” which can be accessed here: ClearSlide